UMBENHAUER AND BRIAN HIRTHLER LEAD LATEST GRANDVIEW STANDINGS, TRIPLEHEADER THIS SATURDAY
NEWS FROM ROGERS FAMILY GRANDVIEW SPEEDWAY, Bechtelsville, PA
Presenting Saturday night NASCAR stock car racing plus a variety of special events. Our 58th consecutive season.
Track office: General Manager: Tina Rogers@ 610.754.7688 – Public relations: Ernie Saxton: Email: Esaxton144@aol.com – Cell phone: 267.934.7286
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PLEASE WITH OUR THANKS
JARED UMBENHAUER AND BRIAN HIRTHLER TOP NASCAR POINTS AT GRANDVIEW SPEEDWAY
URC SPRINTS, MODIFIEDS AND SPORTSMAN MAKE UP EXCITING TRIPLEHEADER FOR JULY 18
BECHTELSVILLE, PA July 14, 2020 . . . Popular racing talent Jared Umbenhauer, a three time T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman champion, sits in the number one position as he chases his first T.P.Trailers Modified championship at Grandview Speedway. Umbenhauer has 863 points giving him a 20 point edge over veteran talent Doug Manmiller.
In the T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman division Brian Hirthler, a former champion, sits on top of the standings with 732 counters. Hirthler, the feature winner last Saturday, is 60 points in front of Jack Butler.
Defending Modified champion Duane Howard has 818 tallies to hold third spot in the Modified point battle while ten time champion Craig Von Dohren sits in fourth with 790 points. Ryan Grim has 737 tallies to hold fifth.
Sitting third in the Sportsman division is Kyle Lilick with 607 points. Brad Arnold is fourth having earned 595 points and defending champion Brad Brightbill has pocketed 588 points.
The Modifieds have had 41 racers earn points while the Sportsman have had 44 competitors earn tallies. The two divisions are part of the NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series that includes tracks from across the nation.
Next on the schedule at Grandview is an action packed July 18th tripleheader that will feature the United Racing Club Sprint cars, T.P.Trailers Modifieds and T.P. Truck Equipment Sportsman. Expected to head up the action for the Sprinters will be such standouts as Josh Weller, Adam Carberry, Curt Michael, Austin Bishop and a host of others. The Sprint cars always offer edge of your seat high speed excitement and this will be their only Saturday night appearance of the season.
All three divisions will take part in qualifying events leading up to a 25-lap feature for the Sprinters, 30-lap feature for the Modifieds and 25 laps for Sportsman. The stock cars are all part of the NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series.
The Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet runs from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. and takes place at the front gate area. This Saturday Josh Weller will be representing the URC Sprints and Colt Harris will represent the T.P.Trailers Modifieds. Fans have the opportunity to meet the racers, take photos and collect autographs.
Adult admission is $25 while youngsters 6 through 11 pay $5. Under 6 are admitted free. Spectator gates open at 5:30 p.m. while racing gets the green at 7:30 p.m.
Fans attending events at Grandview are reminded to practice social distancing. Masks are recommended but not mandatory and if you are not feeling well please consider staying home.
For those wanting to plan well in advance another tripleheader is set for July 25th featuring the Wingless Super Sportsman, Modifieds and Sportsman. While on August 1st the 50th Annual Forrest Rogers Memorial for Modifieds will take place. This event pays homage to the track founder.
Full information on happenings at Grandview Speedway, now in its 58th consecutive season of racing, can be had at www.grandviewspeedway.com, Facebook or telephone 610.754.7688.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR T.P.TRAILERS
MODIFIEDS AS OF JULY 14, 2020
1. Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19 863
2. Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 843
3. Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 818
4. Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 790*
5. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 737
6. Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L 644
7. Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 586
8. Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 582
9. Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 520
10. Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 490
11. Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 475
12. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 473
13. Ron Kline, Salford, PA #3 437
14. John Willman, Birdsboro, PA #74W 433
15. Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 428
16. Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #78 417
17. Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X 404
18. Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 397
19. Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #78 384
20. T J Lilly, Pen Argyl, PA #17L 363
21. Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 329
22. Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7B 299
23. Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 295
24. Richie Hitzler, Lebanon, PA #22 286
25. Bobby Gunther Walsh, Allentown, PA #65 270
26. Mike Gular, Boyertown, PA #2A 266
27. Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 260
28. Ray Swinehart, Boyertown, PA #33 232
29. Eric Biehn, Barto, PA #87 230
30. Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA#14R 220
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR T.P.TRUCK EQUIPMENT
SPORTSMAN AS OF JULY 14, 2020
1. Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4* 732*
2. Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 672*
3. Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 607
4. Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #27 595*
5. Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 588
6. Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 559
7. Chris Esposito, Hatfield, PA #31A 524
8. Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA, PA #F10 500
9. Ryan Higgs, Nazareth, PA #16 464
10. Jimmy Leiby, Milford, NJ #9L 380
11. Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 360
12. Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 316
13. Jesse Leiby, Milford, NJ #66 315
14. Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 306
15. Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 299
16. Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 295
17. Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 291
18. Jesse Landis Gilbertsville, PA #973 228
19. Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 210
20. Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA#7 207
21. Decker Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #38 206
22. Nathan Mohr, East Greenville, PA #17M 202
23. B J Joly, Oley, PA #924 184
24. Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65 178
25. John McGovern, unknown #327 156
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only for those that are
NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Racing Series point events.)