VON DOHREN AND BRIGHTBILL CONTINUE TO SET PACE IN GRANDVIEW NASCAR POINTS
TRIPLEHEADER ACTION RETURNS TO GRANDVIEW SATURDAY, ENDUROS ON FRIDAY
Story By: Ernie Saxton/Grandview Speedway
Photos By: George Steigerwalt/RacersGuide.com
BECHTELSVILLE, PA JULY 23, 2019 . . . Will he win his 11th NASCAR Modified title? That is the question being asked by many as Craig Von Dohren continues to set the pace in the Grandview Speedway T.P.Trailers NASCAR Modified point standings. And in the T.P.Truck Equipment NASCAR Sportsman point battle Brad Brightbill is on top of the standings.
Von Dohren, a ten time champion, has 3043 points and is being challenged by five time champion and fellow Oley, PA resident Duane Howard who has 2887 counters. In third spot is Brett Kressley with 2675 tallies followed by Rick Laubach with 2655 and Saturday night feature winner Doug Manmiller with 2580 counters.
Sportsman point leader Brightbill has 2425 points followed closely by Brad Grim with 2368. Past champion Brian Hirthler is third with 2307. Saturday night winner Kyle Lilick is fourth with 2202 points while fifth in the standings is held by Mark Kemmerer with 2060.
With 12 races completed there have been 53 racers take part in the Modified events while 43 have run in the Sportsman division.
Coming up on the schedule on Friday, July 26th is Big Car Enduro action along with Small Car Enduro, Junkyard Car Race, Outlaw 4×4 Trucks and the Blast From the Past Vintage racers. It all gets started at 7 p.m.
And on Saturday, July 27th, 7:30 p.m. another tripleheader show of racing action that features the T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds, T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman and the return of the Central PA Legends racers for a second appearance.
The Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet, taking place at 5 p.m. on Saturday, will feature Modified ace Jared Umbenhauer and Sportsman racer Nate Brinker.
This weekend’s Saturday racing action will be covered by RCN-TV with a full show of coverage being shown on Tuesday and Friday night. The coverage will be offered for August 3rd and the Forrest Rogers Memorial Classic set for Saturday, August 10. Fans in the Boyertown area can also see the full show coverage on Comcast. This is the 19th year of RCN being involved at Grandview and it gives the racers and their sponsors’ great exposure.
One of the biggest and most popular events of the season is set for Saturday, August 10th when the annual Forrest Rogers Memorial, a 50 lapper for the NASCAR Modifieds, is presented. The memorial is run in memory of the man who built the speedway with the support of his son, the late Brice Rogers. The Sportsman will be part of the big event also.
And a reminder that lap sponsorships are available for just $20 for the Freedom 76 Classic set for September 21st. Telephone Ernie Saxton at 215.752.7797 or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. At the track see Tina Rogers or Tommy Kramer.
Information on racing at Grandview Speedway is available at www.grandviewspeedway.com, Facebook or telephone 610.754.7688.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF JULY 20, 2019
- Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 3043***
- Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 2887**
- Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 2675**
- Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L 2655
- Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 2580*
- Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19/1H 2377
- Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 2280
- Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 2259
- Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 2227***
- Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #4 2034
- Alex Yankowski, Covington Twp., PA #84Y 1960
- Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 1942
- Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 1905
- Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X 1838
- Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 1764
- Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 1757
- Danny Erb, Boyertown, PA #44 1494
- Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 1485
- Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #6/78D 1312
- Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA#33 1300
- Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 1292
- Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #OG7/14 1226
- Ron Kline, Salford, PA #355 1137
- Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 1111
- Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #611/61 1038
- Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 946*
- Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 921
- Jordan Henn, Kutztown, PA #77H 920
- Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA #14RR 920
- Kory Fleming, Milford, NJ #704 780 UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF JULY 20, 2019
- Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 2425***
- Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #13 2368
- Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4/117 2301*
- Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 2202*
- Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA, PA #F10 2060
- Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 1993
- Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #830 1971
- Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65 1929
- Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 1923*
- Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 1676*
- Andrew Kreis, Boyertown, PA #6K 1641
- Ryan Beltz, Barton, PA #221 1310
- Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 1237
- Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 1216
- Nathan Mohr, East Greenville, PA #17M 1166*
- Jesse Landis Gilbertsville, PA #976 1122
- Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 1099
- Derrick Smith, Telford, PA#20 1092*
- Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 954*
- Tom Miller, Gilbertsville, PA #77T 899*
- Andy Clemmer, Bechtelsville PA #127 888
- Josh Adams, Douglassville, PA #44A 885
- Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 839
- Scott Kohler, Boyertown, PA #12S 754
- Aaron Bowes, Nazareth, PA #4 714
- denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only for those that are
NASCAR point events.)