WNPV-AM RADIO CHAMPION’S NIGHT SET FOR SATURDAY AT GRANDVIEW
HOWARD AND BRIGHTBILL LEAD POINT STANDINGS ON FINAL POINT NIGHT
49TH ANNUAL FREEDOM 76 CLASSIC, $25,000 TO THE WINNER, TAKES PLACE SEPTEMBER 21
Story By: Ernie Saxton/Grandview Speedway
Photos By: George Steigerwalt/RacersGuide.com
BECHTELSVILLE, PA September 10, 2019 . . . The final NASCAR point races of the season are set for this Saturday, September 14th, at Grandview Speedway with the running of WNPV-AM Radio Champion’s Night. Duane Howard is the pacesetter in the T.P.Trailers 358 Modified division while Brad Brightbill is leading the standings in the T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman division.
During the season, there have been 19 feature races presented in each division with 59 racers competing in the Modifieds and 50 in the Sportsman. Twelve different racers have won Sportsman features while the Modifieds have had 9 different winners making for a very competitive season.
With all the different winners during the season it is anyone’s guess to who will be feature winners in the season finale point races.
Attendees coming out on Saturday will have a chance to say hello to ten time champion Jeff Strunk as part of the Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet which gets started at 5 p.m. Sportsman rookie, a two feature winner, Parker Guldin will also be part of the event as will Jimmy Leiby, winner of the Sportsman feature last Saturday.
Fans will have the opportunity to win pairs of tickets for the NASCAR Monster Energy Cup race, October 6, at Dover International Speedway along with a four pack of “ride all day with coaster” tickets to the popular Knoebel’s Amusement Park, America’s largest free admission park which features the #1 Wooden Roller Coaster in the world, the Phoenix, all courtesy of WNPV.
Adult admission is just $15 while youngsters under 12 are admitted free. Racing gets the green flag at 7:30 p.m.
Howard, a five time track champion, leads the Modified standings with 4905 points. Craig Von Dohren is second having earned 4469 counters. Brett Kressley is just 3 points behind Von Dohren with 4466 tallies. Doug Manmiller is fourth with 4098 points and Rick Laubach holds fifth with 4024.
In the Sportsman Brightbill has 3943 counters going into the final point night. Second is Brian Hirthler, a past champion, is second with 3558 points. In third is Brad Grim holding 3533 tallies. In fourth is Kyle Lilick having earned 3473 points and fifth spot belongs to Brad Arnold with 3334 counters.
And when this night of action packed racing is over all attention will turn to the 49th edition of the Freedom 76. Many of the top names in dirt track Modified stock car racing have won the Freedom 76 Classic at Grandview Speedway. And there are many top names in the sport that are still without a win in the prestigious race. Many past winners and non-winners will be entered in the September 21st 49th Annual Freedom 76, the richest event of its type in the area, looking to grab the $25,000 first place money and the prestige that goes with the victory. With that kind of money being offered you just never know who will show up.
Veteran racer and WAEB-AM Radio personality Bobby Gunther Walsh has again signed on to sponsor the Freedom 76 Hard Charger Award in the amount of $500. It is supported by three of his sponsors including Mrs T’s Pierogies, Just Born and Res-Q.
And the night before, the Mid-Atlantic Sprint Series will be in action along with the $2,000 to win Freedom 38 for Sportsman.
Both nights of racing will start at 7 p.m.
Grandview Speedway is located on Passmore Road, just off Route 100, 10 miles north of Pottstown in Bechtelsville, PA. For information check in at www.grandviewspeedway.com, Facebook or telephone 610.754.7688.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF SEPTEMBER 7, 2019
- Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 4905*
- Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 4469****
- Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 4466**
- Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 4098*
- Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L 4024*
- Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19/1H 3883
- Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 3772****
- Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 3666
- Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #4 3308
- Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 3062
- Alex Yankowski, Covington Twp., PA #84Y 3023
- Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 2876
- Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 2575
- Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 2538
- Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #OG7/14 2462
- Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X 2403
- Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 2333
- Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #6/78D 2314
- Ron Kline, Salford, PA #355 2121
- Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA#33 2059
- Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 2008*
- Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 1924
- Danny Erb, Boyertown, PA #44 1890
- Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 1805
25 Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 1712
- Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA #14RR 1704
- John Willman, Reading, PA #74W 1576*
- Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #611/61 1517
- Richie Hitzler, Lebanon, PA #22 1499
- Jordan Henn, Kutztown, PA #77H 1420 UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF SEPTEMBER 7, 2019
- Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 3943****
- Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4/117 3558*
- Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #13 3533
- Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 3473*
- Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #830 3334*
- Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA, PA #F10 3187
- Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 3077**
- Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 3015
- Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65 2484
- Jesse Landis, Gilbertsville, PA #976 2388
- Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 2306
- Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 2259
- Andrew Kreis, Boyertown, PA #6K 2250
- Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 2099
- Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 1916
- Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 1912**
- Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 1786*
- Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 1647
- Nathan Mohr, East Greenville, PA #17M 1532*
- Chris Esposito, Hatfield, PA #31A 1324
- Scott Kohler, Boyertown, PA #12S 1264
- Derrick Smith, Telford, PA#20 1232*
- Sean Weiss, Gilbertsville, PA #24 1171*
- Tom Miller, Gilbertsville, PA #77T 1128*
- Josh Adams, Douglassville, PA #44A 1124
- denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only for those that are
NASCAR point events.)