NASCAR TRACK TITLES TO BE DECIDED AT GRANDVIEW SATURDAY; RICH FREEDOM 76 CLASSIC ON SEPT. 19
NEWS FROM ROGERS FAMILY GRANDVIEW SPEEDWAY, Bechtelsville, PA
Presenting Saturday night NASCAR stock car racing plus a variety of special events. Our 58th consecutive season.
Track office: General Manager: Tina Rogers@ 610.754.7688 – Public relations: Ernie Saxton: Email: Esaxton144@aol.com – Cell phone: 267.934.7286
VON DOHREN AND BRIAN HIRTHLER LEAD STANDINGS GOING INTO HOPE MORTGAGE TEAM FINAL POINT EVENTS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12 AT GRANDVIEW SPEEDWAY
BECHTELSVILLE, PA September 8, 2020 . . . The champions will be crowned at Grandview Speedway on Saturday, September 12. And Hope Mortgage Team will add some excitement as they will reward the feature winners with an extra $1000. That has the Modified feature winner earning $3800 including the big bucks from Hope along with the T.P.Trailers weekly bonus. The Sportsman winner, thanks to Hope Mortgage Team and T.P.Truck Equipment, will earn $1,800. Each division will also have a Cash Dash, Hard Charger and Hard Luck award giving racers more chances to earn additional Hope money.
Going into the Saturday night season final point event Craig Von Dohren sits on top of the Modified standings with 2886 points followed by multi-time champion Duane Howard with 2708 points. In third is Doug Manmiller with 2564 counters followed by Jared Umbenhauer with 2542 tallies and ten time track champion Jeff Strunk with 2450 counters.
In the Sportsman division past champion Brian Hirthler is on top of the standings with 2173 points. Close behind is Brad Arnold with 2084 tallies. Third spot belongs to veteran Ryan Beltz with 1994 points. Kyle Lilick is fourth at 1969 and fifth belongs to Jack Butler with 1897.
More than 100 racers have taken part in the two divisions of competition. There have been 11 different winners in the Sportsman division and seven different winners with the Modifieds.
Da Rev’s Meet & Greet, set for 5 p.m., will have ten time track champion Jeff Strunk, three feature winner Kevin Hirthler and Hope Mortgage sponsored Lex Shive participating. It all takes place in the main gate area with their cars on display.
A 30-lap feature tops the action for the Modifieds while Sportsman race in a 25-lap finale. A full series of qualifying events will decide who gets to race in the features.
Spectator gates open at 5:30 p.m. with racing set for 7:30 p.m. Adult admission is just $15 for adults while youngsters under 12 being admitted free.
The biggest and richest event of the season is set for Saturday, September 19th when the 50th Annual Freedom 76 Modified Classic is presented PAYING $35,550 TO WIN plus lap money. Some of the area’s top dirt track Modified talents are expected to enter. And the night before the Freedom 38 is presented for Sportsman racers and is paying $3,550 to win plus practice sessions for Modified racers taking part in the 76’er. Full details on the big event can be found at www.grandviewspeedway.com or telephone 610.754.7688.
Race teams are reminded that entry blanks for the 50th annual Freedom 76 set for September 19th are available at the track or at www.grandviewspeedway.com. For those planning to camp at the track during the 76’er weekend rules can be found on the website.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF SEPTEMBER 5, 2020
1. Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 2886*
2. Duane Howard, Oley, PA /357H 2708*
3. Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 2564
4. Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19 2451
5. Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 2450*
6. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 2331
7. Mike Gular, Fredrick, PA #2A 2305*
8. Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 2193
9. Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 2075***
10. Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 1808
11. Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 1763***
12. Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L/18/14 1762
13. Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #61 1700
14. Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #78 1437
15. Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 1412
16. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 1374
17. Ron Kline, Salford, PA #3 1307
18. Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 1247*
19. Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 1122
20. Dillon Steuer, Stroudsburg, PA #17Z 1044
21. Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #23 1022
22. Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7B 1001
23. Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 996
24. Eric Biehn, Barto, PA #87 990
25. Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7K 974
26. Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA #33 913
27. Ryan Watt, Boyertown, PA 14W 837
28. Richie Hitzler, Lebanon, PA #3/22 769
29. Carroll Hine III, Reading, PA #114 754
30. John Willman, Birdsboro, PA #74W 671
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF SEPTEMBER 5, 2020
1. Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4* 2173*
2. Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #27 2084*
3. Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 1994*
4. Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 1969*
5. Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 1897*
6. Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA, #F10 1823
7. Chris Esposito, Hatfield, PA #31A 1815
8. Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 1782
9. Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 1698
10. Jesse Leiby, Milford, NJ #9 (332) 1593
11. Jimmy Leiby, Milford, NJ #9L 1405
12. Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 1250*
13. Dakota Kohler, Kutztown, PA #59K 1187*
14. Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 1106*
15. Cole Stangle, Neshanic Station, NJ #20C 1001
16. Tom Miller, Gilbertsville, PA #77T 964*
17. Nathan Mohr, Exeter, PA #17M 960
18. Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 841
19. Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 824
20. Jesse Landis, Gilbertsville, PA #973 823
21. Derrick Smith, Telford, PA #20 808
22. John McGovern, Bechtelsville, PA #327 780
23. Scott Kohler, Kutztown, PA #12S 763*
24. Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 736
25. Decker Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #38 720
Ken Eckert Jr. #29,* – * Also a feature winners.
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only for those that are NASCAR point events.)