JUST FOUR MORE POINT RACES REMAIN IN THE CHASE FOR THE GRANDVIEW POINT TITLES
DUANE HOWARD AND BRAD BRIGHTBILL CONTINUE TO TOP THE STANDINGS
TRIPLEHEADER RACING ACTION SET FOR SATURDAY NIGHT, KID’S BIKE GIVEWAY
Story By: Ernie Saxton/Grandview Speedway
Photos By: George Steigerwalt/RacersGuide.com
BECHTELSVILLE, PA August 21, 2019 . . . With just four nights of NASCAR point racing left in the season action will be hot and heavy each and every Saturday night until the titles are decided.
This Saturday night the T.P. Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds and T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman will headline the racing action and will be joined by the always exciting Blast from the Past Vintage racers making for an action packed tripleheader that will get the green flag at 7:30 p.m. Adult admission is just $15 with youngsters under 12 admitted free. Spectator gates open at 5:30 p.m. The weekly Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet is set for 5 p.m. and includes Modified racer Jordan Henn along with Blast from the Past Vintage racer Todd Lapp. At least a dozen bikes will be given away to lucky youngsters courtesy of the Blast from the Past organization.
Attention will be centered on Duane Howard and Brad Brightbill as they continue to lead the chase for the championship. Howard leads the standings for the Modifieds while Brightbill is in front in the Sportsman division.
Fresh off a Saturday night win Oley, PA based Howard now has 5 wins to his credit and has tallied 4078 points. The five time champion has a 372 point edge over ten time champion Craig Von Dohren who sits with 3706 points and four wins. Von Dohren had a tough night last Saturday night as mechanical woes kept him out of the feature and cost him dearly in the point battle. Brett Kressley is third with 3689 points followed by Doug Manmiller with 3546 counters and Jared Umbenhauer with 3358 tallies.
Veteran racing talented Brad Brightbill has earned 3423 points helped along by his four feature wins. Past champion Brian Hirthler is second with 3107 points and two early season wins. Brad Grim holds third with 3079 counters followed by Kyle Lilick who has earned 3022 tallies with one win. Mark Kemmerer is fifth having earned 2784 points.
A total of 59 racers have earned points so far this season in the Modifieds while 46 racers have tallied points with four point races to go in the season.
The final point races will be presented on Saturday, September 14th when WNPV-AM Radio presents Champion’s Night.
Then on Saturday, September 21st the 49th Annual Freedom 76, offering at least $25,000 to the winner of the Modified Classic, takes place. And the night before the Sportsman will be featured in a 38-lap main event along with the Mid-Atlantic Sprint Series.
Advance tickets for the Freedom 76 are now on sale. Those wishing to order by mail can send a check or money order covering the number of tickets being ordered to Grandview Speedway, 87 Wilt Road, Bechtelsville, PA 19505. Advance adult tickets are priced at $35 while tickets purchased on race day will be priced at $40. Youngsters 6 through 11 pay $10. Under six are admitted free. Please include a self-addressed envelope to speed delivery. Tickets will not be mailed after September 13.
Lap sponsorships, priced at $20, are presently available. Lap sponsors are included in the special track magazine, public address system announcements and more. In addition sponsorship of qualifying events and special awards are available. Heat races sell for $200. Those interested can contact Ernie Saxton at 215.752.7797 or firstname.lastname@example.org or check in with Tina Rogers or Tommy Kramer at the track.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF AUGUST 17, 2019
- Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 4078*
- Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 3706****
- Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 3689**
- Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 3546*
- Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19/1H 3358
- Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L 3331
- Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 3191
- Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 2930***
- Alex Yankowski, Covington Twp., PA #84Y 2717
- Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #4 2695
- Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 2609
- Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 2579
- Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 2300
- Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 2289
- Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X 2173
- Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 2019
- Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #OG7/14 1969
- Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #6/78D 1880
- Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 1769*
- Danny Erb, Boyertown, PA #44 1680
- Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA #14RR 1674
- Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 1544
- Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 1542
- Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 1478
- Ron Kline, Salford, PA #355 1477
- Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA#33 1444
- Jordan Henn, Kutztown, PA #77H 1360
- Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #611/61 1317
- Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 1302
- Richie Hitzler, Lebanon, PA #22 1161
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF AUGUST 17, 2019
- Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 3423****
- Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4/117 3107*
- Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #13 3079
- Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 3022*
- Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA, PA #F10 2784
- Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #830 2692
- Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 2685**
- Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 2549
- Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65 2201
- Andrew Kreis, Boyertown, PA #6K 1968
- Jesse Landis, Gilbertsville, PA #976 1907
- Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 1831
- Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 1676*
- Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 1663
- Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 1623
- Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 1530
- Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 1412*
- Nathan Mohr, East Greenville, PA #17M 1326*
- Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 1323
- Derrick Smith, Telford, PA#20 1232*
- Chris Esposito, Hatfield, PA #31A 1164
- Sean Weiss, Gilbertsville, PA #24 1161*
- Josh Adams, Douglassville, PA #44A 1124
- Tom Miller, Gilbertsville, PA #77T 1068*
- Scott Kohler, Boyertown, PA #12S 911
- denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only for those that are
NASCAR point events.)